Monthly Archives: November 2015

The Cube Tutor Championship

Cube Tutor has partnered up with the awesome Milo: The Gathering to bring you The Cube Tutor Championship! If you haven’t checked out Milo’s channel then where have you been?! His funny and informative MTG content with a focus on cube makes for essential viewing. If you haven’t been following his videos then stop reading now and check out his channel.

Together with Toronto’s Face to Face Games we are proud to present to you The Cube Tutor Championship! This double elimination draft of Milo’s Noob Cube will take place over 6 episodes and is fully commentated and presented in beautiful HD.

Each of the 8 players had to qualify to get here so it is sure to be a nail biter. They are:

Rob Anton

Lucas Childs

Maya Carroll

Jeff Sereda

Daniel Fournier

Josh McLain

Frank Vanderzwet

Theo Raposo

It’s not just pride that is on the line. The winner of this tournament will receive a Cube Tutor Champion account PLUS the opportunity to design their own card that will be featured on the home page. This special card will be available for everyone to add to their cubes on Cube Tutor!

So, what are you waiting for? Check out the first video in the series here:

Happy Cubing!

– Ben

New Release Land Grant 2.0

It’s time for a release and as promised I present Land Grant 2.0 a little shy of two weeks after Land Grant 1.0.

When Land Grand 1.0 went out I put out a survey to the Champion community to find out how it was going and also to gauge the community response to the granularity of the releases up until now.

You guys gave me a really clear message! 67% of those who took the survey would prefer that I put out larger releases on a less frequent basis. Of that 67%, 60% asked me to focus on rewriting the front end to improve the experience on mobile. I’m very aware that in 2015, Cube Tutor should work a lot better on a phone than it does. The remaining 40% asked me to work on larger releases every 2 months or so.

With this in mind, starting from the next release I will be changing the release model to one release every 2 months. Each release will EITHER consist of features on Champion Central (http://www.cubetutor.com/championcentral/features/vote) or a block of work on the mobile rewrite. I expect the mobile rewrite to take roughly 6 months on my current part time schedule so we’re looking at around three of these larger releases for that. It’s a lot of work!

I will of course continue to roll out bug fixes, new card sets etc as per usual.

Let me know what you think of this plan via Email, Facebook, Twitter or a Cube Tutor Conversation!

One final note before I get on to today’s release. I will be out of the country for 2 weeks from 14th November and am going to a place with very little wifi! This means it’s going to take me a bit longer than usual to respond to your messages and to upgrade Champion accounts.

New Features

See Picks After Saving Deckhttp://www.cubetutor.com/championcentral/features/feature/3 – This was a large undertaking and has a few facets.

  • If you draft with Castle AI and subsequently build and save a deck you will be able to see the picks made by each Castle AI bot during the draft through that deck’s page.

  • You can now submit Castle AI pick reports after a draft has been completed.

  • In addition you can now click on the Human player (through the deck page only) and see the cards that he/she picked and passed from each pack. This feature is only available when the deck is built from a draft which included 1 or more Castle AI drafters. Therefore it is only available on cubes owned by Champions.

  • Obviously you cannot submit a pick report for a Human player’s picks! Perhaps consider starting a conversation with them instead!

  • This data is only available for decks drafted after the Land Grant 2.0 Release.

  • To make navigation of the picks easier they’ve been reordered so that P1P1 is first and I’ve added ‘Previous’ and ‘Next’ buttons.

Other Additions

  • Added Commander 2015 set.

  • Added missing 2015 Judge Promos.

  • Added missing Dragon’s of Tarkir Dragonfury Promo’s.

  • Fixed the name of ‘Into the Void’ in the Origins Deckbuilders Toolkit set.

Happy Cubing!

– Ben